First Annual Glenbrooks Dodgeball Tournament- Rules and Regulations
– Five on five format
– Single-elimination bracket style tournament.
– To start, each team will be lined up at either end of the court. The dodgeballs will be lined up on the midline.
o At the whistle, each team will have to race to the center to grab the dodgeballs.
o Before any player is allowed to throw a ball, he or she must touch the endline of the court.
– If a player is hit ANYWHERE on his or her body, he or she is now eliminated.
o HEAD SHOTS DO COUNT
– If a player throws a ball and it is caught by the other team, the player who threw the ball is now out.
o Once the player catches the ball, one of that person’s teammates who was out, can now come back in to the game.
o If the ball is deflected off of one player, or a ball that one player is holding, the same rule applies.
§ However, Once a ball is deflected, it is not possible for someone to be eliminated from that ball.
– A player is eliminated if he or she steps across the midline at any time.
– Players who are eliminated are allowed to retrieve balls that are OUTSIDE the boundaries for their teammates.